IMPORTANT: All participants must complete the below registration form.
Free Cyclocross clinics and training sessions will start in 2018, September to November.
- Mississippi Program Start Date: Saturday, September 1st from 10-11am and will meet for 8 consecutive Saturdays.
- New Orleans Program Start Date: TBA .
- Where: Peoples Avenue CX course on Sunday, September 24 at 4:30 PM and will meet for 8 consecutive Saturdays until November 12th.
- Registration: Please register at http://mscxproject.org/register-new-orleans-cyclocross-project/. You will be added to our distribution list.
- Parent Orientation: The New Orleans Cyclocross Project parent orientation will take place on Thursday, September 21st at 6:30pm at 601 Baronne St., Ste. C1, New Orleans, LA 70113. More details and to RSVP, go to the event Facebook page.
- We will have two groups.
- Level One- Beginners and Coaches Selections (based on skill and experience) and
- Level Two-Advanced and experience participants. (Coaches Selections Only- focus on more specific cyclocross skills and drills).
- Welcome and overview
- Warm up,
- Drills and technique (based on each week’s curriculum),
- Cool down.
Cyclocross Project Guidelines/Requirements:
- Complete the 2017 Cyclocross Project Waiver for all programs at https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/mscxproject.
- Open to kids starting at 4-15 years of age.
- Parent or Guardian must sign a waiver and be present during the clinic or training session. An email will be sent the week before the start of our program with the Electronic Parent Release Form. All participants must have an Electronic Parent Release Form completed before being able to join any Cyclocross Projects training activities.
- Bicycling helmets and closed-toe shoes are required (no flip-flops) Sorry, No helmet, No riding!
- A Balance, BMX, Mountain, or Cyclocross bicycle is required (not provided).
- Clipless pedaling can be advanced for kids. Tennis shoes work great, we will teach kids to tuck in those laces!
- Participants should wear comfortable athletic clothing while considering current weather conditions. Cycling-specific jerseys and/or shorts are not essential; however, they are both comfortable, functional, and fashionable!
- Mississippi Cyclocross Project cycling kits are available through our team store via our partner RideBiker Alliance, where you can register and shop our on-line store.
- New Orleans Cyclocross Project cycling kits will be available shortly.
Who should come: Everyone!
If you know of anyone interested in our Kids Cyclocross Program email us at:
- Mississippi Cyclocross Project: Rolando@mscxproject.org
- New Orleans Cyclocross Project: email@example.com
Please complete the below for to submit questions or comments!