Hello Parents/Supporters. We had a wonderful turnout yesterday as we kicked-off our 2018 Mississippi Cyclocross Project, our free curriculum based cycling program. During the session we covered the following important area.
Bike & helmet inspection:
- Check Saddle hight and make sure bike in good conditions.
- Kids are wearing helmet properly (required in order to participate)
- Kids are wearing closed shoes (required in order to participate)
- Proper tire inflation.
Important items covered for week two.
- Ridgeland ‘Cross Weeknight ‘Cross & MTB Racing Series p/b Mississippi Cyclocross Cup in Ridgeland, MS. The series spans four Thursdays during the month of September. Race dates are: September 6th, September 13th, September 20th & September 27th. All kids races are FREE of charge, however we ask parents to register them early via the online registration website.
Adults can participate as well, this is how we off-set the cost of facilitating these sanction events. All details available at http://mscxcup.com/weekday-cyclocross-series.
- A Chat with Jonathan Page. A Special Questions and Answers session will take place on Friday, September 7th with Jonathan Page at Burgers & Blues, 1060 E County Line Rd #22, Ridgeland, MS 39157 from 6-8pm. Please join us as the kids will get to have an opportunity to get Jonathan Page to autograph special edition posters we have created for the event!
IMPORTANT: The Kids project will meet on Sunday, 9/9 instead of Saturday as Jonathan Page will facilitate the kids session that day! Adult clinic: Jonathan will host an all level adult clinic, great opportunity to learn about the sport so that you can join your little one during the events. Register today for the weekend events at https://www.bikereg.com/jpageclinic.
About Jonathan Page: Multiple Time USA Professional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal on Friday, September 6th-9th for a weekend of cyclocross Q&A, clinic and racing! Jonathan Page, Multiple Time USA Professional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal. Get to know Jonathan by watching a great documentary created by our friends at FloBikes https://www.flobikes.com/video/6112321-the-last-ride-of-jonathan-page.
- Share our program! Help us get more kids active, riding bikes and make our Central Mississippi an active/healthy community! Not too late to register kids in our program, share with your friends! All details at www.mscxproject.org/register.
- Program Q & A and How to Purchase the Team Gear (optional): Over the last few weeks we’ve received a few questions, so we wanted to clarify by providing a Q & A. Get all the details, http://mscxproject.org/uncategorized/mississippi-kids-cyclocross-program-parents-q-a-program-starts-tomorrow-sat-sep-1st/
Please reach me if you have any questions. Thank you for your support. Take care and have a great Labor Day weekend!
Mississippi Cyclocross Project