Hello and happy Friday! We kick-off our program tomorrow, Saturday, September 1st. We are very excited to see all the kids and parents. Over the last few weeks we’ve received a few questions, so we wanted to clarify by providing a Q & A below. Feel free to email us if you have any other. See you all soon.
Mississippi Cyclocross Project Team
Questions and Answers:
- Is it to late to register? No, please invite your friends with kids. All participants must register on our website and complete the waiver before joining the program sessions. Registration available at www.mscxproject.org/register.
- What time do participants need to arrive at each session? The program starts sharp at 10am. All participants must be ready, with helmet on at 10am. We recommend parents to arrive at 9:35-9:40am to allow time to park and get ready!
- Where does the program meet? We will be meeting at Freedom Ridge Park, 253 W School St, Ridgeland, MS 39157.
- Do I need to get my kid a new bike? No, just bring the current bike. We will access and provide recommendations.
- What equipment do I need my kid to have? All participants must wear a helmet that fits and closed shoes, no sandals.
- Do I need to bring a water or sport drinks? No, we will have a cooler with cold water and Nuun Hydration Drink tablets (learn more about Nuun at https://www.nuunlife.com) Please bring an empty water bottle. No Sodas, please!
- Is it required to attend all 8 sessions? Not required, however recommended to attend at least 3/4 of the 8 sessions as the program is curriculum based and kids will learn skills every week.
- What is the structure of the program? 2018 Program structure, locations and ambassadors/volunteers.
- Curriculum Based Program (8 weeks)
- Required: Completion of the program electronic registration and waiver*. All available at http://mscxproject.org/register. *Waiver will be available shortly and sent via email.
- Celebration at week 9 (more below)
- Training sessions will be facilitated at Freedom Ridge Park, 235 West School Street, Ridgeland, Mississippi.
- Be an Ambassador for the Mississippi Cyclocross Project. Please volunteer as an ambassador at, http://mscxproject.org/volunteer/.
- Do kids need to purchase the Mississippi Cyclocross Project Uniform (jersey and shorts)? No, this is optional. However, free shipping will be available until Monday, August 20th. Must select ship to the club. We will be ordering t-shirts as well, however some form of identity help participant integrate into the program. It helps commitment and dedication to the program! Access the program store at http://mscxproject.org/club-store.
What events will occur this year that are part of the Mississippi Cyclocross Project? This season we will have many events. All kids categories are free, please register early to help account the number of participants. Parents, please register as well so that you can partake in the fun with your kiddos! If you have a business and would like to be a supporter of any of the events to help us offset cost, please reach coach Rolando at email@example.com.
a) 2018 Cyclocross Clinic with Jonathan Page. Join us to welcome Jonathan Page, Multiple Time USA Professional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal on Friday, September 6th-9th for a weekend of cyclocross Q&A, clinic and racing! Jonathan Page, Multiple Time USA Professional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal. Get to know Jonathan by watching a great documentary created by our friends at FloBikes https://www.flobikes.com/video/6112321-the-last-ride-of-jonathan-page.
A Special Questions and Answers session will take place on Friday, September 7th with Jonathan Page at Burgers & Blues, 1060 E County Line Rd #22, Ridgeland, MS 39157 from 6-8pm. Please join us as the kids will get to have an opportunity to get Jonathan Page to autograph special edition posters we have created for the event!
IMPORTANT: The Kids project will meet on Sunday, 9/9 instead of Saturday as Jonathan Page will facilitate the kids session that day! Register today for the weekend events at https://www.bikereg.com/jpageclinic
b) Ridgeland ‘Cross Weeknight ‘Cross & MTB Racing Series p/b Mississippi Cyclocross Cup in Ridgeland, MS. The series spans four Thursdays during the month of September. Race dates are: September 6th, September 13th, September 20th & September 27th. All kids races are FREE of charge, however we need parents to register them early, not onsite!
Adults can purchase a series discount pass at $70 and it will you will be registered for all four nights via one transaction and receive a nice discount. Stay up-to-date with the latest race information by following our Facebook page at “Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series”. All details available at http://mscxcup.com/weekday-cyclocross-series.
c) 2018 Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series: We are excited to announce the 2018 Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series! From the same group who brought you the Ridgeland Cyclocross Festival and facilitate the kids/juniors, Mississippi Cyclocross Project. All kids races are FREE of charge, however we need parents to register them early, not onsite!
We are making easy for you to register for our two weekend events; Spooky ‘Cross on October 27th & 28th and the Ridgeland Cyclocross Festival on November 17th & 18th. You will be able to register for both weekend, a total of 4 races (Sat & Sun) via one transaction and receive a nice discount for registering early! Registration at https://www.bikereg.com/mscxcupseriespass.