Hello. Thank you for joining us yesterday at The Bike Crossing for our Mississippi Cyclocross Project parent orientation and launch! Access the MSCXProject_Parent_Orientation_Agenda_8-26-2017 with all items we discussed. Please fell free to share the details with other who you think might be interested.
Finally, I wanted to share the great news regarding our Bike Shop Partner Discounts. Present the program coupon at any of our partner bike shops; The Bike Crossing, Indian Cycle, Bicycle Revolution and The Bike Rack. Your kiddos will receive 10% off your purchase, and an additional 10% will be donated to the Mississippi Cyclocross Project! Please shop locally and support our brick & mortar shops! Access coupon at http://mscxproject.org/partner-benefits/. Take care and have a great weekend.
Mississippi Cyclocross Project Ambassadors
Mississippi Cyclocross Project details: Mississippi Cyclocross Project is a youth cycling outreach program that collaborates with communities, parents, and other stakeholders to transform and empower youth between ages of 4-15. By providing free clinics and training sessions around September-December we foster the next generation of cyclists we can help develop principles and values; good sportsmanship, attitude and teamwork among participants. View program video at, http://mscxproject.org/videos/.
Program Start Date: Saturday, September 23rd from 10-11am and will meet for 8 consecutive Saturdays until November 11th.
Where: Training sessions will be facilitated at Freedom Ridge Park, 235 West School Street, Ridgeland, Mississippi.
Registration: Please register at http://mscxproject.org/register/. You will be added to our distribution list.
Next Parent Orientation: We will have our last of three parent orientations. Please share with friends who might be interested!
- Saturday, September 9th from 10-11 at Bycicle Revolution
Description for each training session:
- Welcome and overview
- Warm up,
- Drills and technique (based on each week’s curriculum),
- Cool down.
Mississippi Cyclocross Project Guidelines/Requirements:
- Complete the 2017 Mississippi Cyclocross Project Waiver for all programs at Coming Soon!
- Open to kids starting at 4-15 years of age.
- Parent or Guardian must sign a waiver and be present during the clinic or training session. An email will be sent the week before the start of our program with the Electronic Parent Release Form. All participants must have an Electronic Parent Release Form completed before being able to join any Mississippi Cyclocross Projects training activities.
- Bicycling helmets and closed-toe shoes are required (no flip-flops) Sorry, No helmet, No riding!
- A Balance, BMX, Mountain, or Cyclocross bicycle is required (not provided).
- Clipless pedaling can be advanced for kids. Tennis shoes work great, we will teach kids to tuck in those laces!
- Participants should wear comfortable athletic clothing while considering current weather conditions. Cycling-specific jerseys and/or shorts are not essential; however, they are both comfortable, functional, and fashionable! Mississippi Cyclocross Project cycling kits are available through our team store via our partner RideBiker Alliance, where you can register and shop our on-line store.
Who should come: Everyone!