Hello. Thank you to those who attended our orientations during the past weeks. I have included the details we covered with hyperlinks to the registration page and events/races. Registration for all events is open, please take a minute to register. Also, please hold off on getting a USA Cycling License as in September they will prorate the 2018 with the 2019 and you won’t need to get one for next year. I’ll share details shortly.
Also, an email will be sent once a week on Sundays, with reminders and details covered during the Saturday session.
Reminder: The program starts on Saturday, September 1st at 10am. We will be meeting at Freedom Ridge Park.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Mississippi Cyclocross Project Parent Orientation Agenda:
- Welcome & Program History/Overview (video)
- Mississippi Cyclocross Project is a youth cycling outreach program that collaborates with communities, parents, and other stakeholders to transform and empower youth between ages of 4-15. By providing free clinics and training sessions around September-December we foster the next generation of cyclists we can help develop principles and values; good sportsmanship, attitude and teamwork among participants. View program video at, http://mscxproject.org/videos/.
- 2018 Program structure, locations and ambassadors/volunteers.
- Curriculum Based Program (8 weeks)
- Required: Completion of the program electronic registration and waiver*. All available at http://mscxproject.org/register. *Waiver will be available shortly and sent via email.
- Celebration at week 9 (more below)
- Training sessions will be facilitated at Freedom Ridge Park, 235 West School Street, Ridgeland, Mississippi.
- Be an Ambassador for the Mississippi Cyclocross Project. Please volunteer as an ambassador at, http://mscxproject.org/volunteer/.
- Our Mississippi Cyclocross Project Uniform (jersey and shorts). This is optional. However, free shipping will be available until Monday, August 20th. Must select ship to the club. We will be ordering t-shirts as well, however some form of identity help participant integrate into the program. It helps commitment and dedication to the program! Access the program store at http://mscxproject.org/club-store.
Events this season:
Ridgeland ‘Cross Weeknight ‘Cross Racing Series p/b Mississippi Cyclocross Cup in Ridgeland, MS. The series spans four Thursdays during the month of September. Race dates are: September 6th, September 13th, September 20th & September 27th. All kids races are FREE of charge, however we need parents to register them early, not onsite! Adults can purchase a series discount pass at $70 and it will you will be registered for all four nights via one transaction and receive a nice discount. Stay up-to-date with the latest race information by following our Facebook page at “Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series”. All details available at http://mscxcup.com/weekday-cyclocross-series.
2018 Cyclocross Clinic with Jonathan Page. Join us to welcome Jonathan Page, Multiple Time USA Professional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal on Friday, September 6th-9th for a weekend of cyclocross Q&A, clinic and racing! Jonathan Page, Multiple Time USA Profesional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal. Get to know Jonathan by watching a great documentary created by our friends at FloBikes https://www.flobikes.com/video/6112321-the-last-ride-of-jonathan-page.
On week two, we will meet on Sunday, 9/9 instead of Saturday as Jonathan Page will facilitate the kids session that day!
Register today for the weekend events at https://www.bikereg.com/jpageclinic
2018 Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series: We are excited to announce the 2018 Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series! From the same group who brought you the Ridgeland Cyclocross Festival and facilitate the kids/juniors, Mississippi Cyclocross Project.
We are making easy for you to register for our two weekend events; Spooky ‘Cross on October 27th & 28th and the Ridgeland Cyclocross Festival on November 17th & 18th. You will be able to register for both weekend, a total of 4 races (Sat & Sun) via one transaction and receive a nice discount for registering early!
- Partners/Supporters. Our program is made possible by these great supporters. Support those who support our program! If you have a business and would be interested in becoming a partner, please email us at email@example.com.
- Statewide Federal Credit Union
- Pirouline Cookies
- Owens Insurance
- The City of Ridgeland and its Recreation & Parks Department
- Nuun Hydration
- Ridebiker Alliance
- Our Hydration sponsor. Nuun and Clifbar (Clifkids bars) will provide us product that will be available at all training sessions and a discount code for parent to purchase their product at a special Mississippi Cyclocross Project rate. Discount code details below:
- Nuun discount code details:
Orders at https://nuunlife.com/shop
Promo code: kidscxproject
Discount: 30% off
- Nuun discount code details: